INEOS is a dynamically growing group of companies and with approx. 22,000 employees in more than 183 locations worldwide. It is one of the largest and leading chemical companies worldwide. We, INEOS Phenol, are a member of the INEOS Group and the leading manufacturer of phenol and acetone. With a total of approximately 600 employees in 5 plants in Germany, Belgium and the USA, we produce and distribute our high-quality products worldwide. At our site in Gladbeck we operate the world's largest phenol plant (650 kt phenol per year) with approx. 280 employees due to the annual volume produced.
Beginning: As soon as possible
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Production and Optimization Manager is responsible for the contribution to Management of the Production department at Gladbeck site. He is also accountable for safe and responsible manufacturing of INEOS Phenol products at lowest competitive costs. The Production and Optimization Manager has full responsibility for optimisation of production processes with the distillation unit as key aspect.
Accountabilities of the role include:
1. Managing day-to-day operation of the acetone distillation, hydrogenation and utilities
- Contribute to fulfil the operation plan of the Gladbeck site according to all relevant internal and external requirements (e.g. safety, health, environment, permits, quality, quantity, consumption figures)
- Co-operation with other departments (especially production Antwerp and Mobile, lab, technical and SHE department, technology)
- Contribute to people stewardship
- Ensure proper IMS documentation
- Contribute to proper Hazop studies, especially for the acetone distillation, hydrogenation and utilities
2. Optimization of production processes to improve fixed and variable conversion costs
- Further improvement of plant reliability
- Responsibility for a proper Management of Change
- Initiation and monitoring of projects and of Capex programmes
- Identify possible new process control applications to improve operations. Estimate cost and benefits of each of them in collaboration with operation and DCS personnel
- Being aware of developments in process control and e.g. APC and identifying new improvement opportunities for the site.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- University Master degree (Chemical or Process, Engineering), PhD preferred, but not necessary
- Several years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred (production and/or service departments, SHE, Lab/Technology)
- Good knowledge of chemical unit operations and thermal process engineering in particular
- Basic knowledge and experience of process and occupational safety, health and quality management
- Basic knowledge of economics
- Leadership practice preferred, social competence, good verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Ability to manage complex situations and complex operational issues, analytical skills
- Ability to work on one’s own responsibility, highly motivated and flexible
- Ability to work in a team, good organisational skills
DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
- A good working atmosphere in a familiar working environment
- Remuneration in line with industry practice and performance
- Extensive social benefits
- Company pension scheme
- Health management incl. fitness offers, canteen
- Occupational disability hedge
- Accident hedge
- and much more ...
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their application online with usual documents indicating the earliest date you could start and your salary expectations.
For further questions please contact:
Tel. +49 2043 / 958-330
We are looking forward to receive your application!